New landladies at Sidmouth pub aim to create community hub
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth pub has been taken over by two new landladies with a love of making people happy.
Deborah Bennett and Victoria Davis both come from Torbay and have exciting plans for the Balfour Arms, on Woolbrook Road.
The pair, who took over the pub on October 28, said they were already planning to set up the Balfour Trust and make the venue a community hub that brings everyone together to support charities and causes in the area.
In the summer the Lawn Bar will have a garden party to launch a new food and drinks menu.
Mrs Bennett has been an operations manager in customer services, retail and hospitality for many years, and prides herself on her calm nature in the face of adversity which ensures everything runs smoothly.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Davis has worked in hospitality for more than 20 years, said: "It is a beautiful town and a lovely part of country and it has such great people.
"Everyone has been so lovely and welcoming and supportive in what we want to do."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary