New landlords at local
TWO local businesswomen are taking over a pub in Backwell and hoping to turn it into a traditional community pub.
Sharon Colley, from Nailsea, and Julie Petford, from Backwell, have just become the new landlords for The Rising Sun and are celebrating their takeover with a race night in aid of Children in Need on Friday.
The event starts at 7pm and guests will be able to see the refurbishment plans the new landlords have drawn up for the pub and comment on their ideas.
Sharon said: “What’s been missing in Backwell is a traditional community pub. We want people to come in and see what it’s like now. We are going to put the plans up for the refurbishment on the wall and would like people’s feedback.
“We will be serving traditional pub food once the venue has been refurbished. There are a lot of teams attached to the pub such as skittles, darts and crib and we want to give them a pub they can be proud of.”
You may also want to watch:
The women are hoping to start the refurbishment in January.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites