New landlords at local
TWO local businesswomen are taking over a pub in Backwell and hoping to turn it into a traditional community pub.
Sharon Colley, from Nailsea, and Julie Petford, from Backwell, have just become the new landlords for The Rising Sun and are celebrating their takeover with a race night in aid of Children in Need on Friday.
The event starts at 7pm and guests will be able to see the refurbishment plans the new landlords have drawn up for the pub and comment on their ideas.
Sharon said: “What’s been missing in Backwell is a traditional community pub. We want people to come in and see what it’s like now. We are going to put the plans up for the refurbishment on the wall and would like people’s feedback.
“We will be serving traditional pub food once the venue has been refurbished. There are a lot of teams attached to the pub such as skittles, darts and crib and we want to give them a pub they can be proud of.”
The women are hoping to start the refurbishment in January.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 8 Anniversary gives chance for a look back on three years in the valley
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth