Generous donations improves lighting at Kennaway House
- Credit: Archant
A series of donations have helped to brighten up the driveway of Kennaway House following the purchase of new lighting.
The Regency property has installed three Victorian style street lamps, similar to those on buildings nearby, to help guide pedestrians down the pathway in the dark.
Nikki Dawkins, manager of Kennaway House, and Steve Williams officially switched on the lights on Monday afternoon.
Michael James, trustee of the house, said: “At night the house is always lit up, but the drive can look very dark and uninviting.
“Now the drive will be well lit whenever the house is open and we hope this will make it safer and much more welcoming to everyone.
You may also want to watch:
We are very grateful to the Friends of Kennaway House, who have given £1,000 to cover the cost of one of the three lamps – and for a generous legacy from Sheila Highiek, who was a Friend of Kennaway House, which has paid for a second one.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead