New Marie Curie group in Sidmouth
A NEW fundraising group for Marie Curie Cancer Care has been formed in Sidmouth.
Residents and supporters of the charity have been invited to an informal meeting at Kennaway House next Monday, April 16, to find out more.
The event will take place from 11am.
The group will aim to raise cash for Marie Curie by supporting campaigns like The Great Daffodil Appeal in February and March and the Blooming Great Tea Party throughout the Summer months.
It is also hoped local events, such as table top sales and quiz evenings, can be organised.
Marie Curie provides nursing care, enabling terminally ill patients to be cared for in the comfort of their own homes.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 6 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 7 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 8 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 9 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 10 School steps up safety at road crossing areas