New MD for Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir
Choir’s first concert with new MD is at Sidmouth All Saints Church
IT’S goodbye and hello as Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir loses one musical director and gains another.
Pictured are Allen Coles, retiring MD, with Pam Jones, a founder and lifetime president, and the new musical director, Peter Good.
Peter, a semi-professional bassoon and clarinet player and MD for the University of Exeter Musical Theatre Society, will direct his first concert at All Saints Church, Sidmouth, on Saturday, March 17, from 7.30pm.
A chorus performer for the university’s Gilbert and Sullivan Society and MD for Exter Male Voice Choir, Peter’s musical career started at a young age, when he learnt clarinet and bassoon, playing in the school band and symphony orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
Currently he is completing a Masters degree at Exeter University.
A silver medallist at judo, Peter speaks seven languages and enjoys reading sc-fi books, walking on the Moors and cooking.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music
Tickets, priced �7, for the Sidmouth concert, are available by calling 01935 516183 or 512798.