New MD for Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir
Choir’s first concert with new MD is at Sidmouth All Saints Church
IT’S goodbye and hello as Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir loses one musical director and gains another.
Pictured are Allen Coles, retiring MD, with Pam Jones, a founder and lifetime president, and the new musical director, Peter Good.
Peter, a semi-professional bassoon and clarinet player and MD for the University of Exeter Musical Theatre Society, will direct his first concert at All Saints Church, Sidmouth, on Saturday, March 17, from 7.30pm.
A chorus performer for the university’s Gilbert and Sullivan Society and MD for Exter Male Voice Choir, Peter’s musical career started at a young age, when he learnt clarinet and bassoon, playing in the school band and symphony orchestra.
Currently he is completing a Masters degree at Exeter University.
A silver medallist at judo, Peter speaks seven languages and enjoys reading sc-fi books, walking on the Moors and cooking.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 3 Missing woman may be in Sidmouth
- 4 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 5 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 6 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 7 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Residents plagued by aggressive rogue traders
- 10 Could Devon councils be set for unitary shake up?
Tickets, priced �7, for the Sidmouth concert, are available by calling 01935 516183 or 512798.