New NHS Stop Smoking clinic for Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Smokers in Ottery with a New Year’s resolution to quit the habit are being offered a helping hand thanks to a new clinic in the town.
Anyone aged 16 or over who wants to give up cigarettes can take advantage of free, one-to-one, confidential support at Ottery hospital, starting from Thursday, February 7.
The sessions are run by the Health Promotion Devon team from the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Adviser Sarah Leggatt, who is leading the clinic, said: “I am really pleased we will now be able to support residents in and around Ottery to quit smoking for good.
“Research shows you are four times more likely to give up with NHS support, so it’s important that as many people as possible can access a local clinic.”
You may also want to watch:
The clinic will then be held from 10am to noon every Thursday, and is part of the Devon Stop Smoking Service.
Anyone interested in attending must book in advance, to get an appointment or to find out more call 01884 836024, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat