New NHS Stop Smoking clinic for Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Smokers in Ottery with a New Year’s resolution to quit the habit are being offered a helping hand thanks to a new clinic in the town.
Anyone aged 16 or over who wants to give up cigarettes can take advantage of free, one-to-one, confidential support at Ottery hospital, starting from Thursday, February 7.
The sessions are run by the Health Promotion Devon team from the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Adviser Sarah Leggatt, who is leading the clinic, said: “I am really pleased we will now be able to support residents in and around Ottery to quit smoking for good.
“Research shows you are four times more likely to give up with NHS support, so it’s important that as many people as possible can access a local clinic.”
You may also want to watch:
The clinic will then be held from 10am to noon every Thursday, and is part of the Devon Stop Smoking Service.
Anyone interested in attending must book in advance, to get an appointment or to find out more call 01884 836024, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future