New Ottery milkshake bar launches
- Credit: Archant
The Matthews family opened the doors to Brain Freeze in Jesu Street on Monday.
Sweet-toothed customers have celebrated the opening of Ottery’s first milkshake bar.
Tasha and Allister Matthews were joined by their five children Lewis, Josh, Ewan, Rhianna and Freya for the launch of Brain Freeze, which opened last Monday.
They say customers are giving them ‘the thumbs up’ and have plans to open later on a Friday to offer youngsters a place to hang out.
Tasha, of Winters Lane, said: “We are hoping on a Friday to open a bit later into the night for the kids. Being a mum of five, you see there’s very limited things to do on a Friday evening.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope we can get a pinball machine for youngsters, I do not mind hanging around for them in the shop.
“I don’t want them hanging around in parks.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
The Jesu Street business drew large crowds with Millions, Skittles and Oreo milkshakes proving the most popular selections in the first few days.
Tasha added: “With five children, they give a bit of input to what they like and we make it. It seems to be getting the thumbs up from people.
“It’s been busy, not too manic but nice and steady with some large groups.”