New Ottery police base will have town's first clerk
OTTERY S new police base will welcome the town s first ever civilian clerk.
OTTERY'S new police base will welcome the town's first ever civilian clerk.
The renovated Old Convent hub will be officially opened to the public on Thursday (October 15) and the Herald can reveal a part-time enquiry clerk will be on hand three mornings a week to help members of the public.
Sergeant Nick Harper said new clerk Tracey Coletti, who is hoped will be the "face of Ottery police" for residents, has been drafted in from Honiton to man the new station's enquiry desk on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.
Sgt Harper added: "She will be on hand to deal with people's front-counter enquiries so it will be easier for people to report crimes and incidents to us as well as deal with lost property and vehicle documents which have proved difficult in the past."
It will be the first time in neighbourhood beat manager PC Phil Thomas' 12 years serving the town that residents will have a "front of house" clerk. He said: "It is great news, at least now we can promise a definite time when the police office will be open."
While Tracey will take up her role next Monday (October 19), residents can celebrate the new base's official opening on Thursday, as the neighbourhood policing team hosts an open day there from 2pm to 7pm.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
"The public are welcome to come along and have a look at the station. The whole team will be on hand to talk to, there will be a representative from everywhere in the parish," said Sgt Harper.