New Ottery police base will have town's first clerk
OTTERY S new police base will welcome the town s first ever civilian clerk.
OTTERY'S new police base will welcome the town's first ever civilian clerk.
The renovated Old Convent hub will be officially opened to the public on Thursday (October 15) and the Herald can reveal a part-time enquiry clerk will be on hand three mornings a week to help members of the public.
Sergeant Nick Harper said new clerk Tracey Coletti, who is hoped will be the "face of Ottery police" for residents, has been drafted in from Honiton to man the new station's enquiry desk on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.
Sgt Harper added: "She will be on hand to deal with people's front-counter enquiries so it will be easier for people to report crimes and incidents to us as well as deal with lost property and vehicle documents which have proved difficult in the past."
You may also want to watch:
It will be the first time in neighbourhood beat manager PC Phil Thomas' 12 years serving the town that residents will have a "front of house" clerk. He said: "It is great news, at least now we can promise a definite time when the police office will be open."
While Tracey will take up her role next Monday (October 19), residents can celebrate the new base's official opening on Thursday, as the neighbourhood policing team hosts an open day there from 2pm to 7pm.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
"The public are welcome to come along and have a look at the station. The whole team will be on hand to talk to, there will be a representative from everywhere in the parish," said Sgt Harper.