New owners at Sidmouth Pet Shop
Couple taking over Temple Street’s pet shop receive a friendly welcome
A YOUNG couple who ran a rescue centre for cats and dogs in Wales, have taken over Sidmouth Pets in Temple Street, Sidmouth.
James and Liza Mclean have taken over the shop from Lynn and Mike Flynn, and with it the stock of pet accessories for rabbits, fish, hampsters and rats, cages and top quality dog and cat food.
Liza, 30, who is expecting her first baby in five weeks, said: “We wanted to move to a beautiful area and we wanted to continue to work with animals, this is the perfect opportunity and location.”
She said Lynn and Mike were helping them to settle in, both in the shop and the flat above where they will live.
James, 33, and Liza, ran their rescue centre in West Wales and competed rescue dogs in agility contest and Crufts.
One of their four rescue dogs, Fenn, a working cocker spaniel, was at Crufts last year.
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 4 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 5 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 6 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 7 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 8 Jeeves and Wooster play was 'perfect nonsense'
- 9 Garden and crafts show makes successful comeback
- 10 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
“Flux, a collie, competed for Wales and I rescued Squid, a red and white collie and Dooley, an old springer spaniel, from being put to sleep,” said Liza.
“They are our pets and will help us out at the pet shop,” she added.
The couple say they are thrilled with the welcome they have received at the shop.
“They are the friendliest people we have come across. Most people were prepared for our arrival and even people without pets have come in to say hello,” said Liza.
She said they would continue to stock items customers wanted, explaining: “We will be adding to it, not taking away.”