New owners sought for thriving Sidmouth gift shop
- Credit: Archant
A thriving Sidmouth High Street gift shop on the market because owners Colin and Kylie Cramb want to return home to Australia to be with family will remain trading now and after its sale.
The husband and wife team took over Coles around three years ago but this week announced their desire to sell their business and leave the UK.
The pair said the trusted name of Coles will remain on Sidmouth High Street now, and once a new buyer has been found.
Mr Cramb said the couple would miss Sidmouth but stressed Coles is not closing and will continue to trade during and after the sale.
He said the reason for selling the business was down to missing their three children and four young grandchildren, who all live in Australia.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cramb, who has co-owned Coles for almost three years, said: “It is bittersweet. I really wanted to stay a lot longer, but the real upside is that we get to see our family again - the pull to them is really strong.
“We are going to take a couple of months off when we get back to spend time with them and try and make up for lost time.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
“We have thoroughly enjoyed having a business in this town and we cannot stress that enough. We will really miss Sidmouth.”
Coles stocks unique and exclusive ranges of gifts, party ware and helium balloons designed to add the personal touch to any occasion; something Mr Cramb is keen to stress the shop will continue to offer now and in the future with its new owner.
Also on sale at Coles are designer handbags and purses, collections of jewellery including ‘Elouise’ of Sidmouth, plus a variety of other desirable giftware, and a bespoke greeting card design and print service for those wanting that extra-special something.
For more information about Coles see www.ehcoles.co.uk