New parking area in Sidford relieves congestion
- Credit: Archant
A new parking area has been built to help relieve pressure for Sidford residents.
Just over £1,600, from the Investing in Devon fund, has been used to improve the parking in Higher Brook Meadow.
It comes after issues arose with people parking vehicles on the road.
The joint scheme to eased congestion came to volition thanks to the work Devon County Council and East Devon District Council.
County Councillor Stuart Hughes, who is responsible for Highway, said: “Cars parked on the road had been causing a number of access issues and it was quite common that large vehicles, such as refuse lorries, would mount the kerb and damaged grass verges.
You may also want to watch:
“This new parking area has prevented that and from the feedback I’ve had from local residents this has improved their quality of life.
“I’m hopeful that a footpath to the nearby play area will be constructed at a later date.”
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways