New pizza pub to open in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth couple will relaunch a popular pub with an authentic Italian pizzeria as part of an ambitious new foodie venture.
Phil Borrett, 33, and Sarah McCracken, 25, have renovated The Marine and will show off their new menu at a tasty promotional night on Wednesday (April 16).
Diners can try samples of the new pizzas for free and enjoy the new-look pub on The Esplanade.
The new proprietors moved back to Devon from London to take the reigns from Phil’s parents, John and Sue, who are moving to Bridgwater.
“We are both excited for the journey,” said Sarah. “We are trying to update the pub and make it appeal to all.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple have made sure they have done as much as they can to make the project successful and profitable when it opens next week.
Phil has been training with Italian pizza chefs in London and the pub’s new menu is specifically themed around the country’s style of cooking.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 3 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 4 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 5 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 7 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
Sarah added: “We wanted to make sure our pub was different to those which are currently open in the South West.Everything we make is going to be made fresh with locally sourced produce. We aim to introduce true Italian cooking, but with a Devon twist.”