New plan for employment site at Sidford is submitted
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
New plans have today been submitted to turn countryside at Sidford into employment land.
An outline application has been submitted to East Devon District Council (EDDC) for a change of use at the site off Two Bridges Road.
The proposals, submitted by applicants Mike and Tim Ford, seek a change of use from agricultural land to employment land.
The application is to provide 8,445sqm - around tow acres - of new floorspace, new highway access, cycle and footway, improvements to flood attenuation, building layout and road layout, new hedgerow planting and associated infrastructure.
No more documents associated to the planning application have yet been released.
Controversial plans for a 9.3-acre business park, which could have created up to 300 jobs, were rejected by EDDC in September 2016.
The site is in the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 Retailers need to be on high alert against new scam
- 4 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 5 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 6 'Like a moth to a flame...'
- 7 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 8 Great to see the sunshine as Folk Festival returned
- 9 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 10 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
More to follow.