New plan for employment site at Sidford is submitted
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
New plans have today been submitted to turn countryside at Sidford into employment land.
An outline application has been submitted to East Devon District Council (EDDC) for a change of use at the site off Two Bridges Road.
The proposals, submitted by applicants Mike and Tim Ford, seek a change of use from agricultural land to employment land.
The application is to provide 8,445sqm - around tow acres - of new floorspace, new highway access, cycle and footway, improvements to flood attenuation, building layout and road layout, new hedgerow planting and associated infrastructure.
No more documents associated to the planning application have yet been released.
You may also want to watch:
Controversial plans for a 9.3-acre business park, which could have created up to 300 jobs, were rejected by EDDC in September 2016.
The site is in the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
More to follow.