New post office at Woolbrook, Sidmouth will open next month
- Credit: Picture: Google
Woolbrook Post Office will soon be reopening, seven-days-a-week and until as late as 10pm everyday.
The branch will be setting up shop inside Gilletts SPAR, in Temple Street, from September 24.
It will be one of the company’s new-style branches where Post Office services will be delivered from an open-plan till alongside the retail counter. It will have increased opening hours by 58 hours more a week than the previous opening hours.
It will be open Monday to Saturday, from 7am until 10pm, and from 8am to 10pm, on Sundays.
The previous branch in Woolbrook Road was closed temporarily in November 2017, due to the resignation of the Postmaster and the withdrawal of the premises, which the Post Office did not own.
You may also want to watch:
A Post Office spokesperson said: “During public consultation respondents welcomed the restoration of Post Office services to the local community. Some customers expressed concerns around parking however, we have reviewed and there is a car park at the rear of the premises.
“We are therefore satisfied that parking will continue to be adequate to meet customer demand.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead