New president for Rotary Club of Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of Sidmouth has a new president following the handover of the ceremonial chain.
Keith Walton stepped down from the role after completing his year term and will be succeeded by Steve Gunnell.
The outgoing president said Mr Gunnell had been his ‘right-hand man’ over the last year.
Mr Walton added: “I have enjoyed the fellowship of the club and the challenge. I have enjoyed meeting lots of different people and the support of members and the money we have raised benefiting local causes. He [Steve] will make a brilliant president.”
Mr Gunnell thanked his predecessor for his ‘excellent leadership’ and said: “I hope to continue in the same vein by helping the club through its activities, such as the Swimathon, Christmas tree charity collection, our theatre trips for the elderly and make a contribution to local causes.”
You may also want to watch:
The club also presented a cheque for £760 to Children’s Hospice South West.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future