New president for Sidmouth hospitality group
Mark Seward hands over reins of Sidmouth and District Hospitality Association
NEW president of Sidmouth and District Hospitality Association is James Sharp, general manager of Sidholme Hotel, who succeeds Sidmouth seafront hotelier Mark Seward.
Mark, who has held the post for six years, handed over his chain of office at the annual meeting of the association.
He said it was hard to believe he had been president for six years and “was handing over the reins at a particularly interesting and challenging time for the hospitality industry.”
James thanked Mark for his hard work during his term of office and said he hoped, as president, to continue to move Sidmouth forward and make it more of a tourist destination and “to get it more on the map than it is, preferably by not having a big ship (MSC Napoli) coming into town.”
You may also want to watch:
James and Mark are pictured with the association’s guest speakers (l-r): Councillor John Dyson, Victoria Hatfield, Heart of Devon, town clerk Trina Jarrett and John Sheeves, CE Taste of the West.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action