New president for Sidmouth hospitality group
Mark Seward hands over reins of Sidmouth and District Hospitality Association
NEW president of Sidmouth and District Hospitality Association is James Sharp, general manager of Sidholme Hotel, who succeeds Sidmouth seafront hotelier Mark Seward.
Mark, who has held the post for six years, handed over his chain of office at the annual meeting of the association.
He said it was hard to believe he had been president for six years and “was handing over the reins at a particularly interesting and challenging time for the hospitality industry.”
James thanked Mark for his hard work during his term of office and said he hoped, as president, to continue to move Sidmouth forward and make it more of a tourist destination and “to get it more on the map than it is, preferably by not having a big ship (MSC Napoli) coming into town.”
You may also want to watch:
James and Mark are pictured with the association’s guest speakers (l-r): Councillor John Dyson, Victoria Hatfield, Heart of Devon, town clerk Trina Jarrett and John Sheeves, CE Taste of the West.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'