New scheme to recycle inhalers in Ottery
PEOPLE with asthma can now recycle their inhalers at a pharmacy in Ottery in a ground-breakings scheme.
The new service, called Complete the Cycle, starts this week and aims to reduce the environmental impact of disposing respiratory inhalers.
Co-Operative Pharmacies, who are running the scheme in partnership with TerraCycle UK and GSK, say recycling the inhalers will prevent the propellant inside them, a greenhouse gas, being released into the environment.
After a pilot scheme earlier in the year, 200 pharmacies nationwide hope to prevent up to 70,000 inhalers from being put into landfill.
Julie Popham, manager of the branch in Wonford, said: “I’m delighted to be able to offer this simple yet effective service to my customers, and believe together we can make an important difference to our environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris Baker, from Teracycle UK, hopes it will encourages all people using respiratory inhalers in Ottery and elsewhere to do even more for the environment.
For further information please visit www.co-operativepharmacy.co.uk
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future