New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- Credit: Tiffany Leach.
A new shop selling gifts and homeware opened in Sidmouth's Fore Street over the weekend.
Hummingbird opened on Saturday (July 2), welcoming shoppers from 10am until around 5.30pm.
Owner Tiffany Leach currently runs Kingfisher Cards and Gifts on Sidmouth High Street, as well as the ice cream shop on Sidmouth Esplanade next to Dukes.
Kingfisher Cards and Gifts, Tiffany's first shop, is a finalist in the RETAS Greeting Card Retail Awards for 2022, in the 'Best Independent Greeting Card Retailer - South West' category, alongside five other finalists.
Tiffany is travelling to London next Thursday, (July 7) for the official ceremony.
The shop opened in 2019, but because of Covid was classed as a newcomer for the award scheme, which couldn't take place in 2020 or 2021.
Owner Tiffany Leach told the Herald: "We are having a soft opening on Saturday, from 10am. Kingfisher sells gifts and cards but this shop is more focused on selling homeware.
- 1 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 2 Sidmouth Folk Festival: Singing 'like a bloke' and celebrating life and music
- 3 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 4 Ottery councillors urge Stagecoach to reinstate late night bus service
- 5 Sidmouth Folk Festival: Embracing the event's evolution
- 6 Sidmouth Folk Festival: Waltzing workshop a resounding success
- 7 Ottery St Mary makes walkers feel welcome
- 8 Ottery skatepark CLOSED
- 9 Sidmouth puts on a stunning show for national In Bloom judges
- 10 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
"All my shops are named after birds; Black Swan Gifts in Dawlish, Kingfisher Cards and Gifts, and the new shop Hummingbird."