New shop opens in Sidmouth to help ruff-looking dogs
- Credit: Archant
A canine couture emporium is set to open in Sidmouth, giving fashion-conscious dogs a taste of the high life.
The grand opening of Toto’s of Sidmouth, in Libra Court, will take place today (Friday).
Although the shop is of course owned by Toto - a dashing young Jackapoo often seen sashaying down the beach sporting a splendid bandana - his owners Jennifer Jennings-Wright and her husband Martin will be handling the day-to-day running of the store.
The shop is the newest addition to the town’s enviable coterie of independent traders.
Inside, the discerning furry fashionista will find the finest collars, coats and cravats, as well as plump bedding and delicious delicacies from Lily’s Kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth resident Jennifer, comes to the venture with many years running shops under her belt.
She said she was looking forward to seeing how Sidmouth’s many magnificent mutts will take to a shop that’s all about them.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
She added: “I’ve always been bowled over by how full Sidmouth is of the loveliest dogs, and I love meeting them when out and about with Toto.
“To stock our new shop with products worthy of them, Toto and I have been scouring the world of dog togs, looking at a huge range of designers from Cocker Chanel to Vivienne Westwoof.
“I’m delighted with what I’ve found.
“Devon’s dogs would be barking to miss it.”
Jennifer said the shop will stock perfect Christmas presents to give to dog-lovers, including snazzy tuxedoes and festive outfits just right for the party season, as well as grooming products and gift vouchers.
Martin said: “It is really exciting.
“It is something Jennifer has had in mind for a long time since we moved to Sidmouth.
“The dogs already look good, but they could look even better with the right outfit.
“We really like that in Sidmouth there are so many places that are open to dogs, the cafes, even the bakery.
“It just felt the right place.”
He added there would be many items that would be found anywhere else.
On their opening day, shoppers will be able to pop along for free treats and dog-friendly mince pies, as well as a 15 per cent discount across the range.
For more information email email@example.com or call 07810 306048.