New Sidmouth councillor shares vision
- Credit: Archant
A former bakery owner is representing Sidmouth once again after she was elected to the town council in yesterday’s by-election.
Sheila Kerridge won more than the half of the votes cast in the West ward, with 191 out of the 379 total.
Dee Hounsom received 121 votes, while 67 voters backed Jeannie Alderdice.
The turnout was 20.3 per cent.
Mrs Kerridge and her husband Martin ran Vinnicombes’s Bakers and Confectioners for 42 years.
You may also want to watch:
She has previously represented Sidmouth on East Devon District Council, was named its tourism champion and said she remains interested in sustainable tourism in the town.
Mrs Kerridge is filling the vacancy left by the resignation of Matt Booth.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98