New Sidmouth councillor shares vision
- Credit: Archant
A former bakery owner is representing Sidmouth once again after she was elected to the town council in yesterday’s by-election.
Sheila Kerridge won more than the half of the votes cast in the West ward, with 191 out of the 379 total.
Dee Hounsom received 121 votes, while 67 voters backed Jeannie Alderdice.
The turnout was 20.3 per cent.
Mrs Kerridge and her husband Martin ran Vinnicombes’s Bakers and Confectioners for 42 years.
You may also want to watch:
She has previously represented Sidmouth on East Devon District Council, was named its tourism champion and said she remains interested in sustainable tourism in the town.
Mrs Kerridge is filling the vacancy left by the resignation of Matt Booth.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways