New Sidmouth race - for runners over the age of 35 - is announced
- Credit: Archant
Runners over the age of 35 have been invited to take part in a ‘unique’ race in Sidmouth in the new year.
It takes place at 1.30pm on Sunday, January 29, and the six-kilometre course goes around Sidford’s playing fields.
Bill Valentine is organising the race on behalf of the South West Veterans’ Athletics Club.
Bill, 67, has been involved in the sport for 52 years and hopes the event will attract experienced runners and those new to it.
“It is a bit unique,” he said. “People, when they get over 35, can think their running career is over. We also want to open it up to people to broaden their horizons. There will be people from all over the South West and hopefully we will get quite a few runners.”
You may also want to watch:
The race is open to men and women.
For more information or an entry form, call Bill on 01395 516763, or visit www.southwestvets.co.uk/
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman