New Sidmouth store packed on first day
SHOPPERS packed out Sidmouth s newest shop on Saturday when M & Co opened its doors. It was absolutely fabulous, said assistant manager Kelly Winter.
SHOPPERS packed out Sidmouth's newest shop on Saturday when M & Co opened its doors.
"It was absolutely fabulous," said assistant manager Kelly Winter. "The store was packed with customers, but there was plenty of room to manoeuvre."
She said staff arrived in the Toastrack and opened the doors at 10am after the King of Chit - Royston Randall - did a reading he had composed about the store.
One part-time sales advisor on the shop floor was Sue Conolly, who previously worked for Woolworth for 24 years, including six at the Sidmouth shop which M & Co now occupies.
You may also want to watch:
"I couldn't recognise it, it is totally unrecognisable which is good, it is a coincidence it is the same building.
"This is a fresh start with a new company and is what the town needs."
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 6 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 9 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
She received training at M & Co's Exmouth branch to get used to its products and the company.