New Sidmouth store packed on first day
SHOPPERS packed out Sidmouth s newest shop on Saturday when M & Co opened its doors. It was absolutely fabulous, said assistant manager Kelly Winter.
SHOPPERS packed out Sidmouth's newest shop on Saturday when M & Co opened its doors.
"It was absolutely fabulous," said assistant manager Kelly Winter. "The store was packed with customers, but there was plenty of room to manoeuvre."
She said staff arrived in the Toastrack and opened the doors at 10am after the King of Chit - Royston Randall - did a reading he had composed about the store.
One part-time sales advisor on the shop floor was Sue Conolly, who previously worked for Woolworth for 24 years, including six at the Sidmouth shop which M & Co now occupies.
"I couldn't recognise it, it is totally unrecognisable which is good, it is a coincidence it is the same building.
"This is a fresh start with a new company and is what the town needs."
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 3 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 4 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 5 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 6 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 7 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 8 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 9 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 10 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
She received training at M & Co's Exmouth branch to get used to its products and the company.