New Sidmouth store packed on first day
SHOPPERS packed out Sidmouth s newest shop on Saturday when M & Co opened its doors. It was absolutely fabulous, said assistant manager Kelly Winter.
SHOPPERS packed out Sidmouth's newest shop on Saturday when M & Co opened its doors.
"It was absolutely fabulous," said assistant manager Kelly Winter. "The store was packed with customers, but there was plenty of room to manoeuvre."
She said staff arrived in the Toastrack and opened the doors at 10am after the King of Chit - Royston Randall - did a reading he had composed about the store.
One part-time sales advisor on the shop floor was Sue Conolly, who previously worked for Woolworth for 24 years, including six at the Sidmouth shop which M & Co now occupies.
You may also want to watch:
"I couldn't recognise it, it is totally unrecognisable which is good, it is a coincidence it is the same building.
"This is a fresh start with a new company and is what the town needs."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
She received training at M & Co's Exmouth branch to get used to its products and the company.