New Sidmouth store packed on first day
SHOPPERS packed out Sidmouth s newest shop on Saturday when M & Co opened its doors. It was absolutely fabulous, said assistant manager Kelly Winter.
SHOPPERS packed out Sidmouth's newest shop on Saturday when M & Co opened its doors.
"It was absolutely fabulous," said assistant manager Kelly Winter. "The store was packed with customers, but there was plenty of room to manoeuvre."
She said staff arrived in the Toastrack and opened the doors at 10am after the King of Chit - Royston Randall - did a reading he had composed about the store.
One part-time sales advisor on the shop floor was Sue Conolly, who previously worked for Woolworth for 24 years, including six at the Sidmouth shop which M & Co now occupies.
You may also want to watch:
"I couldn't recognise it, it is totally unrecognisable which is good, it is a coincidence it is the same building.
"This is a fresh start with a new company and is what the town needs."
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
She received training at M & Co's Exmouth branch to get used to its products and the company.