New Sidmouth tourism guide launched
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s seaside attractions are on display in a new guide and website that tourism bosses hope will draw more visitors to the town.
Almost half of the 20,000 paper copies have been sent out already, while the new online presence is set to ‘go live’ by the end of the month.
The tourism and publicity committee chairman, Councillor Simon Pollentine, said he hopes it will prove to be an effective tool for bringing visitors to the town.
“We have already had some incredibly good feedback – better than we can remember from ever before,” he added.
The website was based on the paper guide and they are intended to complement one another.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Pollentine thanked everyone who had helped make the project possible – the staff at Sidmouth Town Council headquarters Woolcombe House, the hospitality association and chamber of commerce, the printing company and the website designers.
Eve Mathews was given flowers by way of special thanks for taking many of the photographs used in the guides.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Councillors volunteered to help package the guides before they were shipped out, saving around £1,000.