New Sidmouth tourism guide launched
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s seaside attractions are on display in a new guide and website that tourism bosses hope will draw more visitors to the town.
Almost half of the 20,000 paper copies have been sent out already, while the new online presence is set to ‘go live’ by the end of the month.
The tourism and publicity committee chairman, Councillor Simon Pollentine, said he hopes it will prove to be an effective tool for bringing visitors to the town.
“We have already had some incredibly good feedback – better than we can remember from ever before,” he added.
The website was based on the paper guide and they are intended to complement one another.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Pollentine thanked everyone who had helped make the project possible – the staff at Sidmouth Town Council headquarters Woolcombe House, the hospitality association and chamber of commerce, the printing company and the website designers.
Eve Mathews was given flowers by way of special thanks for taking many of the photographs used in the guides.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
Councillors volunteered to help package the guides before they were shipped out, saving around £1,000.