New Sidmouth writing group success
THE first meeting of the Sidmouth Creative Writing Group was a resounding success according to its organiser.
THE first meeting of the Sidmouth Creative Writing Group was a 'resounding success' according to its organiser.
Around 20 people, including children, turned up to the session, held at Twyford House last Friday.
Organiser Valerie Bettag, who has received a lot of positive feedback so far, said: "I have always suspected that there was a huge amount of writing talent in Sidmouth.
"The session started with a couple of light-hearted writing exercises to help everyone to just relax and have a go at creative writing.
You may also want to watch:
"There was absolutely no pressure to read aloud although writers could do so if they wished. The group proved to be a lively and enthusiastic bunch!"
The aim of the group is to meet up once a month for support and encouragement as well as to have fun.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Anyone interested in creative writing is welcome to attend and writers are invited to bring along their work. There is no entry fee but donations towards refreshments are welcome.
The group meets on the last Friday of each month between 2pm and 4pm except December when it will be held on Friday, December 18.
For more information ring Valerie on (01395) 577297.