New Sidmouth writing group success
THE first meeting of the Sidmouth Creative Writing Group was a resounding success according to its organiser.
THE first meeting of the Sidmouth Creative Writing Group was a 'resounding success' according to its organiser.
Around 20 people, including children, turned up to the session, held at Twyford House last Friday.
Organiser Valerie Bettag, who has received a lot of positive feedback so far, said: "I have always suspected that there was a huge amount of writing talent in Sidmouth.
"The session started with a couple of light-hearted writing exercises to help everyone to just relax and have a go at creative writing.
"There was absolutely no pressure to read aloud although writers could do so if they wished. The group proved to be a lively and enthusiastic bunch!"
The aim of the group is to meet up once a month for support and encouragement as well as to have fun.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
Anyone interested in creative writing is welcome to attend and writers are invited to bring along their work. There is no entry fee but donations towards refreshments are welcome.
The group meets on the last Friday of each month between 2pm and 4pm except December when it will be held on Friday, December 18.
For more information ring Valerie on (01395) 577297.