New team at Sidmouth’s Kennaway House
KENNAWAY House leaders have bid a fond farewell to the venue’s manager of two-and-a-half-years.
Liz Halls left her role to work for Sidmouth Hotels.
From this week, the Recency mansion in Coburg Road will be managed by David Leach, who has been bar and premises manager since 2009, and Emily Gladstone, who will mainly work in its office.
Emily is a long-term supporter of the Kennaway House project and worked on fundraising events for the restoration appeal, and has helped at highly successful writers’ evenings.
Trustee Dr Michael James said: “Liz has done a fine job as manager and we are grateful for her contribution to the development of the house.
You may also want to watch:
“David has also done great things in developing the Cellar Bar, particularly as a venue for the very popular jazz and other musical events. He knows the house and its users well – he and Emily will be a strong team to carry the work of Kennaway House forward.”
Emily will normally work in the house from Wednesday to Friday and at some weekend events.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
The art graduate has worked for an international company organising events all over Britain and in the United States.
More recently, Emily worked for Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall at River Cottage in Axminster until her son, Harvey, was born two years ago.
Either David or Emily will be pleased to deal with enquiries and bookings on 01395 515551 or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.