New team at Sidmouth’s Kennaway House
KENNAWAY House leaders have bid a fond farewell to the venue’s manager of two-and-a-half-years.
Liz Halls left her role to work for Sidmouth Hotels.
From this week, the Recency mansion in Coburg Road will be managed by David Leach, who has been bar and premises manager since 2009, and Emily Gladstone, who will mainly work in its office.
Emily is a long-term supporter of the Kennaway House project and worked on fundraising events for the restoration appeal, and has helped at highly successful writers’ evenings.
Trustee Dr Michael James said: “Liz has done a fine job as manager and we are grateful for her contribution to the development of the house.
You may also want to watch:
“David has also done great things in developing the Cellar Bar, particularly as a venue for the very popular jazz and other musical events. He knows the house and its users well – he and Emily will be a strong team to carry the work of Kennaway House forward.”
Emily will normally work in the house from Wednesday to Friday and at some weekend events.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
The art graduate has worked for an international company organising events all over Britain and in the United States.
More recently, Emily worked for Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall at River Cottage in Axminster until her son, Harvey, was born two years ago.
Either David or Emily will be pleased to deal with enquiries and bookings on 01395 515551 or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.