New time for Sidmouth General Elections hustings
- Credit: Archant
The start time of the General Election hustings at All Saints’ Hall has been put back to 7.30pm.
An election hustings event has announced a new starting time to allow attendees to enjoy Sidmouth Late Night Shopping.
The event on Friday, December 6, in All Saints' Hall, will now take place from 7.30pm until 9pm.
All six candidates standing for the East Devon seat will be in attendance.
The candidates are: Peter Faithfull (Independent), Henry Gent (Green Party), Simon Jupp (The Conservative Party), Eleanor Rylance (Liberal Democrats - To stop Brexit) Dan Wilson (The Labour Party candidate) and Claire Wright (Independent).
You may also want to watch:
The Vision Group for Sidmouth, which is hosting the hustings, said that the calling of the snap general election left little time for organisation and there were limited dates for the use of halls to hold the event.
Peter Murphy, chairman of the event, said: "We wanted to complement the shopping event in Sidmouth and not compete with it. And so we decided to move the start time from 7pm to 7.30pm, to allow people to take part in both events.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
"This way, we hope that people will be attracted to the centre of town with a double bill that evening."
To place a question for the candidates, go to https://visionforsidmouth.org/contact/ and write to the secretary.