New public loos for Sidmouth seafront
- Credit: Archant
Plans to install three new toilets on Sidmouth seafront will be put forward in the new year.
Sidmouth Town Council is looking to change disused storage space at the seafront amenity building at March Arches into new loo facilities.
There is currently a toilet and shower in the area as well as a water refill station.
The idea was proposed at the council's pre-budget meeting on October 21.
Christopher Holland, town clerk, said: "We are experiencing, at the main beach, a bit of a renaissance.
You may also want to watch:
"There are lots of activities going on, people to like to swim in that area behind the rock island which is sheltered. The toilet is convenient and the showers are well used.
"The closest toilets are at the Triangle.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
"They are plans at this stage which will be confirmed in January."
If supported in January, the council would look to have the loos ready by Easter 2020.