New public loos for Sidmouth seafront
- Credit: Archant
Plans to install three new toilets on Sidmouth seafront will be put forward in the new year.
Sidmouth Town Council is looking to change disused storage space at the seafront amenity building at March Arches into new loo facilities.
There is currently a toilet and shower in the area as well as a water refill station.
The idea was proposed at the council's pre-budget meeting on October 21.
Christopher Holland, town clerk, said: "We are experiencing, at the main beach, a bit of a renaissance.
You may also want to watch:
"There are lots of activities going on, people to like to swim in that area behind the rock island which is sheltered. The toilet is convenient and the showers are well used.
"The closest toilets are at the Triangle.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 8 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
"They are plans at this stage which will be confirmed in January."
If supported in January, the council would look to have the loos ready by Easter 2020.