New toilets to open in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Ottery’s new public toilets are set to open following extensive building works.
Work has been carried out to install the facility in the old NatWest building, which also houses the library and the tourist information centre.
Visitors will be able to access the loos through a separate door to the side of the building.
The current public toilet at the Old Flexton will remain open for the time being but will close following the completion of the new build.
Ottery Town Council has yet to determine the opening hours of the toilets but said the intention was for the facility to be accessible seven-days-a-week.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Glyn Dobson said: “After public demand, we started looking for premises, which has taken a long time.
“We looked at the Land of Canaan but this is far more central and when the opportunity arose, we took it.”
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman