New toilets to open in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Ottery’s new public toilets are set to open following extensive building works.
Work has been carried out to install the facility in the old NatWest building, which also houses the library and the tourist information centre.
Visitors will be able to access the loos through a separate door to the side of the building.
The current public toilet at the Old Flexton will remain open for the time being but will close following the completion of the new build.
Ottery Town Council has yet to determine the opening hours of the toilets but said the intention was for the facility to be accessible seven-days-a-week.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Glyn Dobson said: “After public demand, we started looking for premises, which has taken a long time.
“We looked at the Land of Canaan but this is far more central and when the opportunity arose, we took it.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby