New vicar named for Ottery St Mary and other news
The Ottery Vale mission community will have a new vicar in the New Year. Read this and more.
MARKET MAGIC: Ottery’s community market will be open for the last time before Christmas next Saturday (December 15).
The monthly market offers food, drinks and gifts and is in the Institute from 9.30am.
CHANGING ROOMS: Ottery St Mary Bowls and Croquet Club has asked for permission to build changing rooms on land in Strawberry Lane.
You may also want to watch:
BINGO: The Ottery Carnival Committee’s Christmas bingo night starts at 8pm on Sunday (December 9) at the football club.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
CHURCH CHANGE: The Ottery Vale mission community will have a new vicar in the New Year.
The parish will welcome Stephen Weston, who is coming from Chipping Norton in February.
The Reverend Simon Franklin left for Moretonhampstead this year.