New vicar named for Ottery St Mary and other news
The Ottery Vale mission community will have a new vicar in the New Year. Read this and more.
MARKET MAGIC: Ottery’s community market will be open for the last time before Christmas next Saturday (December 15).
The monthly market offers food, drinks and gifts and is in the Institute from 9.30am.
CHANGING ROOMS: Ottery St Mary Bowls and Croquet Club has asked for permission to build changing rooms on land in Strawberry Lane.
BINGO: The Ottery Carnival Committee’s Christmas bingo night starts at 8pm on Sunday (December 9) at the football club.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 6 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
CHURCH CHANGE: The Ottery Vale mission community will have a new vicar in the New Year.
The parish will welcome Stephen Weston, who is coming from Chipping Norton in February.
The Reverend Simon Franklin left for Moretonhampstead this year.