New web-service for 'isolated' Sidmouth gay, lesbian and transsexual residents
LESBIAN, gay, bisexual and transsexual residents in the Sidmouth area, who feel isolated , can take advantage of a new web-service.
LESBIAN, gay, bisexual and transsexual residents in the Sidmouth area, who feel "isolated", can take advantage of a new web-service.
The LGBT Collective has been launched to introduce communities across the region, including the elderly, to a range of resources available to them.
The site, www.lgbtcollective.org.uk, has a directory of groups and projects across the South West, an events diary and local LGBT news.
The 'first of its kind' resource has been funded by the Big Lottery.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Roberts, community development manager said: "We hope that by promoting this information, isolated LGBT people will find out there are resources in Devon for them. For example, the Rainbow Roofs group is looking at housing needs of older LGBT people and always wants to hear from new people.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser