New WI group for town
The Women’s Institute s hoping to tap into renewed interest in the organisation from the younger generation by setting up a new branch in Sidmouth.
The first meeting will be on Wednesday, September 26 at the Methodist Church in the High Street from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
It will be an opportunity for women to see what the institute has to offer, and will include a flower-arranging demonstration and refreshments.
Organiser Mary Andrews said there have been a lot of enquiries about starting anew group in Sidmouth.
“There is one at Newton Poppleford and one up at Core Hill, but nothing here in the town so we hope to rectify that with a new branch,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone is welcome to attend, for more details contact Mary on 01404 811000.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Mitch 'still committed' to £1 million Sidmouth restaurant plan