New WI group for town
The Women’s Institute s hoping to tap into renewed interest in the organisation from the younger generation by setting up a new branch in Sidmouth.
The first meeting will be on Wednesday, September 26 at the Methodist Church in the High Street from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
It will be an opportunity for women to see what the institute has to offer, and will include a flower-arranging demonstration and refreshments.
Organiser Mary Andrews said there have been a lot of enquiries about starting anew group in Sidmouth.
“There is one at Newton Poppleford and one up at Core Hill, but nothing here in the town so we hope to rectify that with a new branch,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone is welcome to attend, for more details contact Mary on 01404 811000.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman