New WI group for town
The Women’s Institute s hoping to tap into renewed interest in the organisation from the younger generation by setting up a new branch in Sidmouth.
The first meeting will be on Wednesday, September 26 at the Methodist Church in the High Street from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
It will be an opportunity for women to see what the institute has to offer, and will include a flower-arranging demonstration and refreshments.
Organiser Mary Andrews said there have been a lot of enquiries about starting anew group in Sidmouth.
“There is one at Newton Poppleford and one up at Core Hill, but nothing here in the town so we hope to rectify that with a new branch,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone is welcome to attend, for more details contact Mary on 01404 811000.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon