Newton Pop burglary spree
THREE Newton Poppleford burglaries in one night this week have sparked a police appeal for information.
Cash items were stolen from properties in the Lark rise, Hazel Close and Back Lane areas of the village in the early hours of Monday morning. Prowlers were spotted near the Cannon Inn at around 1.30am.
Criminals were disturbed during once incident, according to Sergeant Andy Turner, who said the spate could be linked to another burglary in Venn Ottery that night.
“The victims are very distressed,” said PS Turner. “What we’re asking people is if you were in Newton Poppleford at those times and saw something then please contact us. Any information will be gratefully received.
“Someone did call in and report something suspicious, and it is helping us with our investigation as we piece everything together. It is always a benefit if people ring at the time.”
The burglaries are believed to have taken place between 1.30am and 4.30am.
PS Turner added: “From a crime prevention message, I’d urge residents of the Sidmouth area to check on the security of their property when locking up at night.
- 1 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 2 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 3 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 4 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 5 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 6 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 7 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 8 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 9 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 10 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
“If anyone is unsure on crime prevention measures then one of our PCSOs will gladly pay them a visit and issue advice.”
Contact police with information on 08452 777444.