Newton Pop burglary spree
THREE Newton Poppleford burglaries in one night this week have sparked a police appeal for information.
Cash items were stolen from properties in the Lark rise, Hazel Close and Back Lane areas of the village in the early hours of Monday morning. Prowlers were spotted near the Cannon Inn at around 1.30am.
Criminals were disturbed during once incident, according to Sergeant Andy Turner, who said the spate could be linked to another burglary in Venn Ottery that night.
“The victims are very distressed,” said PS Turner. “What we’re asking people is if you were in Newton Poppleford at those times and saw something then please contact us. Any information will be gratefully received.
“Someone did call in and report something suspicious, and it is helping us with our investigation as we piece everything together. It is always a benefit if people ring at the time.”
You may also want to watch:
The burglaries are believed to have taken place between 1.30am and 4.30am.
PS Turner added: “From a crime prevention message, I’d urge residents of the Sidmouth area to check on the security of their property when locking up at night.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
“If anyone is unsure on crime prevention measures then one of our PCSOs will gladly pay them a visit and issue advice.”
Contact police with information on 08452 777444.