Newton Pop cooks up a storm for charity
SIZZLING sausages, tasty toast and excellent eggs attracted hungry Newton Poppleford villagers to a charity breakfast event last weekend. More than �300 was raised for cancer charity Force as the village participated in the Great Devon Breakfast on Satur
SIZZLING sausages, tasty toast and excellent eggs attracted hungry Newton Poppleford villagers to a charity breakfast event last weekend.
More than �300 was raised for cancer charity Force as the village participated in the Great Devon Breakfast on Saturday.
Organised by the Newton Poppleford Friends of Force, which was only set up in July, the group's first event was hailed a storming success.
Organiser Helene Hewitt said: "It was brilliant. We thought we would do well if we got 30 people but we got around 50 which was amazing."
You may also want to watch:
The breakfast was cooked by Jean Clarke and seemed to go down a treat judging by the amount of empty plates left.
Helene added: "There was a really good atmosphere and I'm really happy with how it went-although I never want to see a cooked breakfast again!"
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Helene, 37, and her husband, Chris, 40, will be participating in the Heritage Coast Challenge this weekend to raise more money for the charity.
The walk begins in Lyme Regis, ending in Exmouth and the pair are hoping to raise �400.
Helene said: "We are close to �300 in sponsorship now so hopefully we can make another �100."
Anybody wishing to sponsor Helene and Chris can do so by ringing (01395) 567447.