Newton Pop pupils bring Roald Dahl characters to life
WILLY Wonka, James and his Giant Peach and Matilda were among the Roald Dahl characters brought to life by Newton Poppleford Primary School pupils last week.
WILLY Wonka, James and his Giant Peach and Matilda were among the Roald Dahl characters brought to life by Newton Poppleford Primary School pupils last week. The youngsters dressed up as the famous author's creations as part of National Children's Book Week.
Around �60 was raised for Mary's Meals, a charity which provides meals for 375,000 children around the world.
As well as wearing fancy dress, the little ones also read their favourite Roald Dahl books and decorated the hall using the same theme as inspiration.
Harriet Coogan, literacy coordinator, said: "The children had a fantastic time. They all participated in the fancy dress theme and it was a really good atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
"Besides good fun, it also allowed the children to analyse the characters and get a better understanding of the books.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution