Newton Pop pupils bring Roald Dahl characters to life
WILLY Wonka, James and his Giant Peach and Matilda were among the Roald Dahl characters brought to life by Newton Poppleford Primary School pupils last week.
WILLY Wonka, James and his Giant Peach and Matilda were among the Roald Dahl characters brought to life by Newton Poppleford Primary School pupils last week. The youngsters dressed up as the famous author's creations as part of National Children's Book Week.
Around �60 was raised for Mary's Meals, a charity which provides meals for 375,000 children around the world.
As well as wearing fancy dress, the little ones also read their favourite Roald Dahl books and decorated the hall using the same theme as inspiration.
Harriet Coogan, literacy coordinator, said: "The children had a fantastic time. They all participated in the fancy dress theme and it was a really good atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
"Besides good fun, it also allowed the children to analyse the characters and get a better understanding of the books.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 4 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 5 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 6 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 7 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit