Newton Pop pupils bring Roald Dahl characters to life
WILLY Wonka, James and his Giant Peach and Matilda were among the Roald Dahl characters brought to life by Newton Poppleford Primary School pupils last week.
WILLY Wonka, James and his Giant Peach and Matilda were among the Roald Dahl characters brought to life by Newton Poppleford Primary School pupils last week. The youngsters dressed up as the famous author's creations as part of National Children's Book Week.
Around �60 was raised for Mary's Meals, a charity which provides meals for 375,000 children around the world.
As well as wearing fancy dress, the little ones also read their favourite Roald Dahl books and decorated the hall using the same theme as inspiration.
Harriet Coogan, literacy coordinator, said: "The children had a fantastic time. They all participated in the fancy dress theme and it was a really good atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
"Besides good fun, it also allowed the children to analyse the characters and get a better understanding of the books.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out