Newton Pop pupils live the high life!
NEWTON Poppleford Primary School pupils are living the high-life after a brand new classroom was installed by crane last week. The temporary classroom, which accommodates 30 pupils, was installed last Friday following a review by the council earlier in th
NEWTON Poppleford Primary School pupils are living the high-life after a brand new classroom was installed by crane last week.
The temporary classroom, which accommodates 30 pupils, was installed last Friday following a review by the council earlier in the year to expand the school.
Barry Hobson, visiting his mother from Rochdale, took photos of the sky-high spectacle.
He said: "I was just passing-by the school when I saw the classroom on the crane.
You may also want to watch:
"I thought it would make quite an interesting photo as it's not something you see every day."
Stuart Vaughan, headteacher of Newton Poppleford Primary, said: "Devon County Council consulted early this year about the school expanding because of pressure in the local area. The outcome of that consultation is to increase our school."
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
There are currently 160 pupils at the school but from January this will increase to 185.
The maximum capacity of the school following the erection of the new classroom is now 210.
Mr Vaughan said the portable structure would be replaced in the future when the school is expanded.
He added: "We will replace the temporary classroom but that will take time and money.