Newton Pop tot is ‘first baby’ of 2012
Little Ophelia Neve born on New Year’s Day
NEWTON Poppleford’s newest resident - little Ophelia Neve Day-Kerry - was the first baby born at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital in 2012.
And proud parents Emily and Christopher, of Burrow Lane, have expressed their delight at the arrival of their first child in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Emily, 25, and Christopher, 31, say having a healthy little girl was the perfect way to start the year.
Baby Ophelia arrived two-and-a-half weeks early and weighed in at 5lb 14oz when she was delivered at 3.10am on January 1.
You may also want to watch:
“I couldn’t be happier, she’s perfect in every way,” said mum Emily.
Sidmothian Christopher added: “We’re absolutely beside ourselves with joy. We’re just chuffed to bits.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
“To have a birthday on New Year’s Day is pretty special, I’m sure her 18th will be quite an event.
“I think it’s brilliant she was the first baby at the RDE & E in 2012, we didn’t realise at the time. I think a few ladies in other delivery rooms were trying to hold out, but it was great we took the crown.
“We knew Ophelia’s name before we even got married, but her middle name, Neve, is to mark an unforgettable New Year’s Eve for us.
“We can’t wait for the next year, its going to be amazing.”
Love blossomed for Boots Starcross store manager Christopher and Emily, who works at Sidmouth’s Fore Street branch of the store, when they met through work.
The couple wed in 2010.