Newton Pop tot is ‘first baby’ of 2012
Little Ophelia Neve born on New Year’s Day
NEWTON Poppleford’s newest resident - little Ophelia Neve Day-Kerry - was the first baby born at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital in 2012.
And proud parents Emily and Christopher, of Burrow Lane, have expressed their delight at the arrival of their first child in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Emily, 25, and Christopher, 31, say having a healthy little girl was the perfect way to start the year.
Baby Ophelia arrived two-and-a-half weeks early and weighed in at 5lb 14oz when she was delivered at 3.10am on January 1.
You may also want to watch:
“I couldn’t be happier, she’s perfect in every way,” said mum Emily.
Sidmothian Christopher added: “We’re absolutely beside ourselves with joy. We’re just chuffed to bits.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
“To have a birthday on New Year’s Day is pretty special, I’m sure her 18th will be quite an event.
“I think it’s brilliant she was the first baby at the RDE & E in 2012, we didn’t realise at the time. I think a few ladies in other delivery rooms were trying to hold out, but it was great we took the crown.
“We knew Ophelia’s name before we even got married, but her middle name, Neve, is to mark an unforgettable New Year’s Eve for us.
“We can’t wait for the next year, its going to be amazing.”
Love blossomed for Boots Starcross store manager Christopher and Emily, who works at Sidmouth’s Fore Street branch of the store, when they met through work.
The couple wed in 2010.