‘Bigger bang for your buck’ at bonfire night
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of an annual bonfire night are aiming to make it the biggest yet after receiving a challenge from a local firework enthusiast.
Newton Poppleford Parish Council is hoping to put on its biggest fireworks night yet next week.
Organiser Chris Burhop said: “This year we received a donation from a local resident and firework enthusiast who asked that we ‘make it bigger’, so we’re going to try.”
Last year’s night saw more than 700 people in attendance but they hope to go one more this time round.
The local school PTA will be running the food stands.
You may also want to watch:
As it is run by the parish council, the organisers aim to keep the prices low and tickets for this year’s night are set at £5 for adults and £2 for children over four.
The event is scheduled for Friday November 2 and gates open at 5.30 pm. To purchase tickets visit Newton Poppleford School, The Cannon Inn or by ringing 01395 567108.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb