‘Bigger bang for your buck’ at bonfire night
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of an annual bonfire night are aiming to make it the biggest yet after receiving a challenge from a local firework enthusiast.
Newton Poppleford Parish Council is hoping to put on its biggest fireworks night yet next week.
Organiser Chris Burhop said: “This year we received a donation from a local resident and firework enthusiast who asked that we ‘make it bigger’, so we’re going to try.”
Last year’s night saw more than 700 people in attendance but they hope to go one more this time round.
The local school PTA will be running the food stands.
You may also want to watch:
As it is run by the parish council, the organisers aim to keep the prices low and tickets for this year’s night are set at £5 for adults and £2 for children over four.
The event is scheduled for Friday November 2 and gates open at 5.30 pm. To purchase tickets visit Newton Poppleford School, The Cannon Inn or by ringing 01395 567108.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start