Police name man who died in Newton Poppleford collision
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have confirmed the name of the man who died following the incident on Friday (July 28).
Police have named the man who died following a collision on the A3052 at Four Elms Hill near Sidmouth on Friday (July 28).
Officers say Aidan Spruhan, 24, who was from Chudleigh Knighton, sustained fatal injuries after his car, a black Nissan Skyline, collided with a BMW travelling in the opposite direction. The BMW then collided with a Peugeot.
Devon and Cornwall Police said: “Emergency services were called around 7.45pm to reports of a collision involving the Nissan Skyline, a silver BMW and a Peugeot.
“A fourth vehicle was also badly damaged by debris from the collision.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for nine hours to allow the Serious Collisions Unit to undertake scene investigation work and for debris to be removed.
• Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the police on email@example.com quoting log number 967 for the 28th of July.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year