Newton Poppleford florist sets sights on opening first shop
- Credit: Archant
A young entrepreneur is hoping to open her first shop less than a year after setting up her business.
Beth Higgins launched Ditsy Blooms in February and has in the run up to Christmas held wreath-making classes.
The 22-year-old florist has been working from her home in Newton Poppleford but dreams of opening her own shop in Devon and also near her mum in Chester.
Beth, who has completed courses in floristry at Bicton College, said: “At the moment it is like living in a jungle, you cannot even see the kitchen there is so much.
“My dream is to have a shop here and up by my mum so we could run it together.”
You may also want to watch:
She advised any other young people wanting to start their own business to have the want to do it and go for it.
Beth said: “If you don’t go for it, it is never going to happen.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens