Newton Poppleford left without water for more than 24 hours
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
UPDATE: Burst water main causes long queues of traffic in Newton Poppleford.
Newton Poppleford residents have been left without water for more than 24 hours.
Three-way temporary traffic lights have been put in place on the A3052 Exeter Road while the issue is being fixed but there are long queues in both directions.
South West Water told residents yesterday that engineers were onsite and aimed to have it restored by 2pm.
But, the company posted an update this morning (Friday) and said the village still had no water, adding engineers were working hard and would hopefully have it restored by 12pm today.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known how many residents have been affected.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance