Parish council to hold WW1 commemoration event
- Credit: Archant
A rendition of Blackadder, songs from the era and a collection of poems will be performed at a celebration of the end of WW1.
Newton Poppleford and Harpford Parish Council will hold a commemorative event to mark 100 years since the end of the First World War
The evening will feature songs and music as well as a theatrical performance of the BBC sitcom Blackadder Goes Forth.
There will also be poems and a brief history of the war with all profits for the event going to the Royal British Legion.
Chris Burhop, event organiser, said: “the Parish Council wanted to commemorate the 100th year since the guns were silenced and we have tried to put together a programme for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will be held at 8pm on Saturday November 10.
Tickets are £8 for adults and £4 for childrenand can be purchased directly from Chris on 01395 568766 or at the Cannon Inn.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book