Newton Poppleford Pavilion receives £5,000 grant
- Credit: Archant
Newton Poppleford Pavilion has secured a £5,000 grant from the district council to replace its old kitchen.
East Devon District Council has given the top amount available through its community buildings fund.
The scheme is open to village halls, community buildings and shops in rural areas not covered by a town council to improve facilities.
Councillor Ian Thomas, chairman of the community buildings fund, said: “I’m so pleased that we’ve been able to help provide funding for such worthy projects. It’s really important that our rural communities are supported, sometimes the village hall is the only meeting place.”
The council also granted £1,772 to Brampford Speke village hall to help provide disabled access.
You may also want to watch:
The fund is closed to applications for the rest of the financial year.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National