Red-y for panto! Newton Poppleford Players prepare for opening night
- Credit: Archant
Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf? Not these fairy tale characters, as pantomime hilarity gets underway in Newton Poppleford.
Plenty of traditional panto fun is expected in this Riverside Players production of Red, which opens tonight (Wednesday) until Saturday.
The tale weaves together the stories of Little Red Riding Hood and the Three Little Pigs.
Red was written and directed by Gillian M Coley and Julie Salmon.
Audiences will meet Red as she skips along to visit her grandmother in her cottage unaware there is a very hungry wolf on the prowl.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the forest is the three little pigs who set to work to build a home made of straw, sticks and bricks.
What will become of red and her new friends? Go along and find out!
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Remaining tickets cost £8 for adults and £4 for under 16s at the Saturday matinee.
Call 01395 568897 to book your tickets.