Newton Poppleford Primary School kids get arty for Sidmouth Police
SIDMOUTH S neighbourhood police team welcomed three new recruits last week thanks to the artistic exploits of Newton Poppleford Primary School children.
SIDMOUTH'S neighbourhood police team welcomed three new recruits last week thanks to the artistic exploits of Newton Poppleford Primary School children.
Likenesses of local officers (pictured), created by reception class kids at the school have been put on show in the town's police station.
PCSO Alex Powe, a target of the childrens' artistic attentions, said: "We love them in the station, they make it a bit nicer. The children really got involved and I know the kids worked really hard. Thank them for doing it."
Class teacher Amanda Thomas said: "We created a police station in out class room which was a terrific success. Children wrote out police reports and even arrested people as well as doing the artwork It really helped stimulate their imaginations."
You may also want to watch:
See photos of the childrens' exploits in tomorrow's Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight