Newton Poppleford Primary School kids get arty for Sidmouth Police
SIDMOUTH S neighbourhood police team welcomed three new recruits last week thanks to the artistic exploits of Newton Poppleford Primary School children.
SIDMOUTH'S neighbourhood police team welcomed three new recruits last week thanks to the artistic exploits of Newton Poppleford Primary School children.
Likenesses of local officers (pictured), created by reception class kids at the school have been put on show in the town's police station.
PCSO Alex Powe, a target of the childrens' artistic attentions, said: "We love them in the station, they make it a bit nicer. The children really got involved and I know the kids worked really hard. Thank them for doing it."
Class teacher Amanda Thomas said: "We created a police station in out class room which was a terrific success. Children wrote out police reports and even arrested people as well as doing the artwork It really helped stimulate their imaginations."
You may also want to watch:
See photos of the childrens' exploits in tomorrow's Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance