Newton Poppleford Primary students go crazy for Sport Relief
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Newton Poppleford Primary School showed their charitable sides to raise nearly £1,300 for Sport Relief - more than five times what they originally set as their target.
The year six pupils were given responsibilty to host several events and took on the challenge with gusto.
Activities included a mile-long run during PE lessons, a smoothie stall, football boot sale, a cake sale and lunchtime challenges.
Pupils also got to wear sports gear in a themed non-uniform day and they delivered an assembly to the whole school to inform them all about Sport Relief and where the money goes.
Originally aiming to raise £250, children and adults clubbed together to generate £1,286.50 for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Higher level PE teaching assistant Sarah Bell said: “For such a small school with a great community and support, we managed to raise this outstanding amount of money, which is something we are extremely proud of.
“On behalf of Sport Relief and Newton Poppleford Primary School, I would like to say a massive thank you to year six, family and friends, parents and anyone who got involved.”
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect