Newton Poppleford Riverside Players prepare for Beauty and the Beast
- Credit: Archant
The group are gearing up for their annual pantomime in Newton Poppleford Village Hall.
A tale as old as time is heading to Newton Poppleford next month, as the Riverside Players prepare for their annual pantomime.
The group’s production of Beauty and the Beast, which has been written by Alan Frayn, will run from February 7-10 in the village hall.
The script is set in the village of Franglais-sur-Mer and, with a melange of ex-pats and locals, audiences should be prepared for plenty of double-entendre, together with all the usual well-loved traditions expected of the pantomime genre.
Taking the title roles are Leonie Motler and Tim Alsford. Panto-goers will also recognise other familiar faces including Stephen Knight, Steve Yarnall, Gavin Haines, Baz Breadmore and Jane Ledwood - but maybe on this occasion in unfamiliar guises.
You may also want to watch:
It is the Players’ 10th pantomime and is set to follow on from last year’s successful production of Dick Whittington.
Evening performances will begin at 7.30pm with a Saturday matinee commencing at 2.30pm in the village hall. Tickets cost £8 and under-16s £4 at the matinee.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
For more information and to purchase tickets, call 01395 568897.