Newton Poppleford road reopens following collision
- Credit: Archant
Exeter Road in Newton Poppleford has reopened following a three car collision this morning (Friday).
Emergency services closed the road between the Halfway Inn and the Exeter side of Newton Poppleford for several hours following an incident.
A man was air lifted to hospital with non-life threatening injuries while police remained at the scene to carry out recovery work and a clear up operation.
A police spokesman said: “One person taken to Derriford Hospital in the air ambulance with what appears non-life threatening injuries.”
An ambulance spokesman confirmed the man was taken by air ambulance after sustaining a chest injury.
You may also want to watch:
Fire, paramedics and police were called to Exeter Road after reports of a collision shortly after 8.30am this morning.
A police spokeswoman added: “There are two walking an done person trapped. An elderly man in the car reported to be conscious and breathing. Fuel leaking from two vehicles.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future