Newton Poppleford Sunflower picture on move
Giant sunflower picture moves from Newton Poppleford to help Hospiscare.
GIANT sunflowers will brighten up the day for Hospiscare, Exeter, in more ways than one.
Not only will this giant picture of Van Gogh’s Sunflowers raise funds for the charity, it will also be displayed at its Exeter base.
Some 49 artists, including 40 members of Newton Poppleford Art Society, painted the seven by six foot picture in the style of Van Gogh.
It has taken pride of place at the society’s annual exhibition, held at Newton Poppleford Primary School this week.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, the painting will move to Darts Farm, Topsham, where it will raise funds for Hospiscare through a competition to guess the squares painted by six members of the Darts Farm team and by Justin Leigh of BBC Spotlight.
Prizes have been provided by Darts Farm.
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 5 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 6 Tories' approach to councillor checks could fuel hysteria
- 7 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 8 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 9 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 10 Alice launches new shop, hub and refill centre... all in one
The painting will hang in its food hall and the public will be invited to pick sunflowers for a contribution to Hospiscare.
At the end of the sunflower picking season, the giant Sunflowers will be hung in the garden room at Hospiscare, Exeter.
Our photo shows Sheila Tweed, one of the show’s committee members, with the sunflower painting, which she helped to complete.