Newton Poppleford Sunflower picture on move
Giant sunflower picture moves from Newton Poppleford to help Hospiscare.
GIANT sunflowers will brighten up the day for Hospiscare, Exeter, in more ways than one.
Not only will this giant picture of Van Gogh’s Sunflowers raise funds for the charity, it will also be displayed at its Exeter base.
Some 49 artists, including 40 members of Newton Poppleford Art Society, painted the seven by six foot picture in the style of Van Gogh.
It has taken pride of place at the society’s annual exhibition, held at Newton Poppleford Primary School this week.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, the painting will move to Darts Farm, Topsham, where it will raise funds for Hospiscare through a competition to guess the squares painted by six members of the Darts Farm team and by Justin Leigh of BBC Spotlight.
Prizes have been provided by Darts Farm.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
The painting will hang in its food hall and the public will be invited to pick sunflowers for a contribution to Hospiscare.
At the end of the sunflower picking season, the giant Sunflowers will be hung in the garden room at Hospiscare, Exeter.
Our photo shows Sheila Tweed, one of the show’s committee members, with the sunflower painting, which she helped to complete.