‘No summer water restrictions’ in Sidmouth
RESIDENTS in Sidmouth and East Devon are set to be among the few in the country not to have water restrictions imposed this year.
South West Water (SWW) bosses say they are ‘confident’ that 2012 will be the 16th successive summer without constraints.
A drought is feared in parts of the South West including Hampshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Bristol.
Large parts of the South and South East of England are officially in drought following two of the driest winters on record.
However, SWW’s service area - which includes Devon, Cornwall and small parts of Dorset and Somerset - is not included.
You may also want to watch:
A SWW spokesman said: “The service area supplied by South West Water remains in the same good position, and we are confident that this will be our sixteenth successive summer without water restrictions.”
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory