Noise prompts police visit in Sidmouth
NOISY revellers prom-pted police to visit Sidmouth’s Manor Road car park on Monday night.
Members of the public complained that several vehicles were being used in an anti-social manner at the site at 9.30pm.
The concerns were over noise not driving.
Officers from the Sidmouth Local Policing Support Team attended and issued advice to the drivers – who then left the car park.
Vigilant members of the public have helped herald a downturn in vehicle-related nuisance behaviour at the spot.
You may also want to watch:
A district council drive to give boy racers their marching orders has seen its officers carry out patrols on Friday and Saturday nights - issuing a warning letter to anyone seen misbehaving.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 6 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 7 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom